Tutorials

Post JPatch model files.

Tutorials

Postby AG » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:23 am

Now that I got better at patch modeling I am going to make tutorials Based Only on JPatch. So I was wondering what type of tutorials would you like to see. Of course beside the basic of JPatch such as the UI and how do patches work, and the most loved of all Face tutorials.

Because I working on 2 good ways that I found out that makes modeling in this type of way very fast. One way deals with extruding from 2D and other deals with pulling into 3D. You'll see what I mean.

Also what do you think the title of the website should be?
Post Made By 8) Omega
AG

Postby miyoken » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:11 pm

HI.
Now that I got better at patch modeling I am going to make tutorials Based Only on JPatch.

I am looking forward to it.
This is my WIP of face. :oops:

Also what do you think the title of the website should be?

"JPatch modeling tutorials"....
miyoken

Postby dcuny » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:27 pm

Why be embarassed by it? It's a nice model, and you've got it down to an impressively small number of patches. I suspect that I have way too many patches in my models.

Modeling technique also has to change a bit for a character to be animated, so that elbows bend properly, and faces make good expressions. This is where edge loops come into play. I'd like to find out more about that as JPatch supports animation.
dcuny

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:48 pm

Why be embarassed by it? It's a nice model, and you've got it down to an impressively small number of patches. I suspect that I have way too many patches in my models.

Thank you.
At the first I wanted to model the face of Japanese comic character.
So ,it's small number of patches...

The model is here;
http://miyoken5.hp.infoseek.co.jp/jface.jpt

Return to Models