Animation Tests

Post rendered images that contain models made with JPatch.

Animation Tests

Postby rjh » Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:44 am

Hey guys and Happy New Year!!!!

I have posted some new animation tests using the 0.5.1 & 0.5.2 beta for bone animation as well as morph only and morph / bone mix. Follow the link for all the new stuff.

http://www.smartcomix.com/recent_tests123105.html

Rob
rjh

Postby sascha » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:59 am

Hi Rob, happy new year!

I have posted some new animation tests using the 0.5.1 & 0.5.2 beta for bone animation as well as morph only and morph / bone mix.

Impressive. I like it ;-)
Looking forward to see some of your work once bone animations can be saved.

Of course I'd appreciate your feedback. I don't mean about the bone-control-sliders in the animator, which are a quick hack and - as David would say - user-hostile :P.
I'm more curious about your thoughts about the modeler-features like cp->bone auto-assignment, the rigid/soft/smooth modes of dofs, the new morph-system (with multiple targets) and of course muscle morphs (I know that there is no documentation available right now - I'll add something to the Wiki as soon as I have time).
sascha
Site Admin

Postby rjh » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:15 pm

Hey Sascha,

Impressive. I like it

Thanks ... I put a great deal of work into these.

Of course I'd appreciate your feedback

I can provide you with some soon on features I have yet to try, but here is what I can give you so far.

As far as th bone system being "user-hostile", in its current iteration, I would have to agree, but not 100%. With all control systems, one must keep in mind their complexity and map out their relationships. This is what I am doing with the current system ... logically naming the bones in a seperate spreadsheet associated with their number , and using reference screen shots for bone manipulation.

like cp->bone auto-assignment[/quote

I start off all bone assignments with this feature. I then go back and clean up assignments where necessary. I think it is an excelent feature.

[quote]the rigid/soft/smooth modes of dofs, the new morph-system (with multiple targets) and of course muscle morphs

These I have not tried yet, but will and give you my feedback soon. They sound like very good (read needed) enhancements that will only add to the animation experience, but I will wait for final judgement until I try them.

Again, thanks for taking a look at my stuff.

Rob
rjh

Return to Image gallery