The sculptor

Post rendered images that contain models made with JPatch.

Postby sascha » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:34 pm

something can easily poke out

:)
I've found two ways to fit the cloths: The obvious and easiest is to not model what's beneath. The other way is to make the cloths a copy of the body. To make something like a t-shirt, you could select the torso, make a copy, scale that copy and assign some cloth material to it. Of course this technique needs a lot of fine tuning, but the advantage is that the mesh is a copy of the underlying model, so the controlpoints of the cloth are quite close to those of the model. This way you can create quite tight fitting cloths without the underlying model "poking through". Set the subdivision level in the modeler as high as possible and zoom close to the model to spot "holes" in the clothing.

I know that Poser uses this approach (basically nude models with cloths attached to them), but I don't know how stable this would be in animations. So the golden rule is: Don't model something that won't be visible in the final rendering!

The Clerk in my last animation (Impostor) is an example - he doesn't even have a torso - he's only got a head and arms, the non existing torso is hidden by the shirt.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby rjh » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:02 pm

also, Rob, I uploaded the images to a public site.

Thanks kl! I got to see them, and they are very nice. I agree with Sascha about the lighting - a bit more punch to your key lights may add the contrast that you need. All in all though, they look great. Is this a series of shots from an animation, or just a slide show of sorts. Keep up the good work - show us more!

Rob
rjh

Postby kl » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:04 pm

rjh wrote:Is this a series of shots from an animation, or just a slide show of sorts. Keep up the good work - show us more!

Rob

Slide show.
I'm learning animation now. My next project should be animation.
kl

Postby kl » Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:24 am

Alright. I changed the lighting. take a look!
kl

Postby tee » Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:38 am

awesome models and composition!
imho lighting is good, especially where you use the spotlight - well some could still be a bit brighter and richer in contrast.
tee

Previous

Return to Image gallery