jpatch.com is looking for a new host

Anything related to the www.jpatch.com webpage or this forum.

jpatch.com is looking for a new host

Postby sascha » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:23 pm

I'm looking for a new host for this site. Any recommendations?

Here's a short list of what I'd need:
  • A reliable (99.9%) host with reasonably fast servers and connections
  • 20GB or more of monthly data transfer
  • PHP and Mysql
  • More than one domain

I'd like to switch for three reasons:
  • The current provider (servage.net) seems to allow XXX content. This unfortunately puts the (shared!) IP addresses on some blacklists, so not everybody is able to view the jpatch.com page.
  • Emails sent directly from the server are often rejected by smtp hosts due to blacklisting
  • Downtimes and poor technical support

It's rather difficult to find a reputable provider in this business. To not run into the blacklisting problems I'd prefer a large, well-known company. I'd go with yahoo, but they're not only expensive, but also don't allow hosting more than one domain per account (and I'd need at least three).

Any suggestions, ideas, recommendations?
sascha
Site Admin

Re: jpatch.com is looking for a new host

Postby rjh » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:22 pm

Hey Sascha,

I host Smartcomix at netactuate (http://www.netactuate.com); used to be "VR Hosted". Some minor e-mail issues from time to time, but the site has always been accessible. They have a $10/mth package that provides what I think you want. Check them out to see if thay have what you want

Rob
rjh

Postby sascha » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks Rob!
Sound's interesting, especially the dedicated IP part, I'll consider it.
The only think that worries me is that they seem to be quite unknown - Google finds just 467 references for netactuate.com, even jpatch.com beats that :?.
I'm in no hurry though, my current subscription runs until February 2008, and there's no reason to switch instantaneously. I just don't want to renew it.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby Paolo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:12 pm

I suggest a look to this site http://hosting.aruba.it/index.asp?Lang=EN . Many people told me about its very good infrastructure. And it is not too expensive.
Paolo

Return to Webpage