Due process?

Anything related to the www.jpatch.com webpage or this forum.

Due process?

Postby pndragon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:00 pm

Realizing that such a thing might conceivably bite me in the hindmost portion, is there a process for banning those forum members who continually annoy the rest of the community?

--- Jim

P. S. I do realize also that I may the only one that this particular unnamed individual really irritates just by his (her?, its?) continued presence.
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Postby dcuny » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:48 pm

I'll edit posts, delete and lock posts, if I feel it's appropriate. I'll even remove people if they're just spammers.

But I'll leave handing nine up to Sascha.
dcuny

Postby pndragon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 pm

dcuny wrote:But I'll leave handing nine up to Sascha.

I didn't mention any names.

--- Jim
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Postby dcuny » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:42 pm

pndragon wrote:I didn't mention any names.
True, you might have been posting a purely hypothetical question. Or even talking about me.

On the other hand, you're right - I did mention a specific name, and I'll leave it at that.
dcuny

Postby sascha » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:12 pm

But I'll leave handing nine up to Sascha.

Yeah, great :wink:

I think we all know who we're talking about - yes Nine, it's you. It's still difficult. Personally I'm not a big fan of censorship, but of course I know the problem with trolls, and deleting their posts and/or banning them might be the only possible way to deal with them. Yet I'm not sure if Nine qualifies as a troll.

Personally I only delete messages that I find offending (and spam, of course). This is not a meant to criticize David's editing of Nine's messages - I fully trust all of the "moderators" and really appreciate your help in keeping this forum running, so feel free to edit, delete or even ban whom and whatever you feel appropriate!

Nine, if you read this: I think the forum is not the right place to put in tons of links. My spare time is very limited, and after the kids are asleep I'm trying to spend as much time as possible developing JPatch. Reading forum messages and answering them is a time consuming task too, so if you keep asking the same questions, making the same statements and posting tons of links to applications you (assumingly) barely know is counter productive - I for myself have almost stopped reading your messages and barely skim through them.
My suggestion is this: Go to the JPatch Wiki and create your own page. If you really know an application and find some feature useful/applicable to JPatch, explain it, put in screen shots and links, etc. But please take it easy - we neither need an index of Youtube videos, nor any "link collections" of links that can be found with a simple Google search.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby pndragon » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:33 pm

I have decide that if the above mentioned person ever did in fact really exist, he or she has since been possessed by a bot.

--- Jim
pndragon

Return to Webpage