downloading

Anything related to the www.jpatch.com webpage or this forum.

downloading

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:54 am

I feel so stupid :oops: how do you download jpatch? I tried from the download page but it just came up with a page of release info.

Postby dcuny » Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:50 am

You're real close. There are three options on the download page. The first (with the Image icon) brings up the release information. As you discovered, this isn't the one you want.

The next one underneath is jpatch0.3beta1.tar.gz, which is the tar gzipped version (for Linux and Mac users).

Under that is jpatch0.3beta1.zip, which is the zipped version for Windows users.

They both contain the same file; it's just that Linux and Mac users tend to use a different file compression program (.tar.gz) than Windows (.zip). Download whichever one you want, and decompress it. You'll get the jpatch.jar file. If double clicking doesn't make it run, you can start it at the command line with:
Code: Select all
java -Xmx128m -jar jpatch.jar
The -Xmx128m parameter is optional; it causes the Java virtual machine to allocate 128 Meg of memory for JPatch.

This is assuming that you've got a copy of Java on your machine.
dcuny

Postby guest » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:18 pm

your download-frame from jpatch.sf.net doesn't work in IE; it loads SF's downloads mirrors page which attempts to DL from your website instead of the mirror.
I'd suggest having the "download" tag on jpatch.sf.net just change the entire page to SF's download section to prevent future confusion.

Postby sascha » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:52 pm

I haven't got IE installed, but I'll test it tomorrow at work...

Is anybody else having problems downloading JPatch with IE?
sascha
Site Admin

Postby sascha » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:48 pm

You're right. I've changed the download link as suggested and hope it's ok now for IE (I'll test it again tomorrow). Strange though...

Thanks for reporting that problem!
sascha
Site Admin

Postby squirrelhavoc » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:46 pm

Ok, when I clicked "View posts since your last visit", it brought up this thread. Anyone have any idea why?
Squirrel Havoc

We live as we think, very very slowly....
squirrelhavoc

Postby sascha » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:18 am

Time travelling...

Seriously, I don't know. I'm not very happy with this phpBB forum software, but I guess it's too late to change now.
I never used this "View posts since your last visit" feature and usually trust the orange icons that should highlight threads with new posts - but it doesn't do always. Sometimes I scan through all the forums and discover messages I've never seen which are some weeks old :?

I once tried to add a "new posts in the forum" link to the mainpage and had a look at the phpBB source and the database schema - I can only tell that the code is a real mess - looks like the DB schema wasn't built with this feature in mind, and that the code that highlights new posts in the forum is just an ugly hack...
sascha
Site Admin

Postby dcuny » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:15 pm

Sascha wrote:I once tried to add a "new posts in the forum" link to the mainpage...
I thought I saw that feature at one point. It disappeared so quickly, I thought perhaps I imagined it. :)

Sometimes I scan through all the forums and discover messages I've never seen which are some weeks old
Bump. ;)
dcuny

Postby sascha » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:30 pm

Bump

:P
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Webpage