Last post but not last topic showed

Anything related to the www.jpatch.com webpage or this forum.

Last post but not last topic showed

Postby nine » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:47 am

On the JPatch forums you can see who has made the last posting on that forum but you cannot see on which topic the last post is on. So you have to surf into the Forum to see if the last post is on some interesting topic.

Perhaps it is possible to let us know what the last post is about on every forum.
:roll:
nine

Postby dcuny » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:05 am

It's a limitation of the software. I suspect Sascha's not going to write a patch for phpBB, but I could be wrong. ;)
dcuny

Postby nine » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:56 pm

Or perhaps he has not marked that alternative???
:P
Or perhaps it is possible to mail to the phpbb-moderator???
:roll:
Everything making life easier... can be good...
nine

Postby sascha » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:47 am

Well, I took at look at the source, and it seems that it simply wasn't designed for such queries. Looks like the query for the unread topic has been added later as a quick hack and the php and sql code is quite a mess. I don't think that writing the phpBB developers will help - IMHO they'd to redesign their database schema :?

The Aqsis homepage switched to another content management system lately. There are a number of things I don't like with phpBB (the clumsy search feature, the secutity issues, etc.) On the other hand, I don't want to loose all the forum content, there's a lot of information here, so if I ever switch to another software it must be able to extract the phpBB data.
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Webpage