Can't view model

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Can't view model

Postby dcuny » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:14 am

I decided to make at least a weak attempt at putting together an animation for the IRTC, so modeled Davey's head (from Davey and Goliath) and started working on some morphs for the mouth. While building the morphs, I ran into a number of problems, so I'd save and reload the head. However, eventually I got to the point where I could no longer load the model.

Here is a link to the file, if you want to have a look at it. I'm aware the CVS version has issues, but the "stable" version has a number of problems, too, so I decided to use the CVS versions instead. :?

(I had to post the .zip because my ISP has decided to throw a 404 error for files with uncommon extentions... grrrr).
dcuny
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:07 am

Postby sascha » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:30 am

line 891:
Code: Select all
<morph name="Mouth "O"" min="0.0" max="100.0" value="100.0">

It seems like you've named the morph Mouth " O" and JPatch didn't quote that before exporting it to xml.
Remove the quotes (with a text-editor) fixed it for me.

As a rule of thumb, avoid html-special-characters like "<>&; in any strings (where possible). IIRC the "render strings" (the text-areas where you can enter POV-Ray or RIB code are quoted properly, but it looks like I've forgot to quote node names :oops:.

Please let me know if this worked.
sascha
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:16 am
Location: Austria

Postby dcuny » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:27 pm

Yep, that did it. :D

I wondered if JPatch would handle quotes correctly when I entered the text, but for some reason, I was thinking that the problem had to be related to something else. :?

I also noticed that when the model loaded, the "O" morph was displayed as being fully applies, but wasn't actually. I still have a lot of problems moving in and out of morph edit mode, where I think I'm editing the morph, but I'm not. I'll have to give it some more thought.

I noticed that I couldn't seem to use the undo at that point to restore the original model, although it might have been an issue with memory being low and running it under Eclipse.

It was also consistantly locking up when I was running the Amarok music player - a notification would pop up when the song changed, and my computer froze. Again, it might have something to do with running JPatch in Eclipse and how Eclipse wasn't properly handling losing focus, rather than being a true JPatch bug.

(It looks like that the problem with .jpt files on my site is a MIME error with Firefox, not my ISP. Odd).

Thanks!
dcuny
 
Posts: 2902
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:07 am


Return to Beta

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron