Deleting Extra Bones

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Deleting Extra Bones

Postby dcuny » Fri May 26, 2006 7:04 pm

I've got a number of extra bones in this model that were added by accident. They're the size of points (start point == end point), and I can't seem to select them with the normal Select tool. You can tell which bones they are because they've still got their default names.

I could go into the XML file and just edit them out, but that's probably not what you want your average user to do. ;)

Is there a bug with the selection tool, or am I just doing something wrong?
Attachments
Mister Basic.zip
Mister Basic has a bunch of point-size bones floating around him.
(8.31 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
dcuny

Postby sascha » Fri May 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Ok, that looks like a bug. Do you know how these bones came in?
If it was a mistake (e.g. you clicked the mouse without dragging) in add-bone mode this could be easily prevented (i.e. JPatch could simply not add a bone with length 0) - I'll add a fix for that.
Or did they somehow appear in some other manner?

There are also some NaN values in the xml file :?
sascha
Site Admin

Postby sascha » Fri May 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Ah, before I forget: Don't use the latest development build (the one in the Zip file I've uploaded a few days ago) for modeling!
It will mess up the controlpoints when you edit an existing model and save it again :?

I'll upload a fixed version soon.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby dcuny » Fri May 26, 2006 7:31 pm

The bones were inserted with clicks and no drags, so suppressing zero length bones would take care of it.

As for the NaNs, I'm not sure. The body and leg were made by lathing. The other leg was made by cloning the first leg. The hooks (at the toes) weren't copied, so I had to recreate them manually. Perhaps they have something to do with that bug?
dcuny

Postby sascha » Fri May 26, 2006 7:37 pm

The bones were inserted with clicks and no drags, so suppressing zero length bones would take care of it.

Ok.

As for the NaNs, I'm not sure. The body and leg were made by lathing. The other leg was made by cloning the first leg. The hooks (at the toes) weren't copied, so I had to recreate them manually. Perhaps they have something to do with that bug?

There's one bone (new bone #17) which has its end set to <end x="NaN" y="NaN" z="NaN"/>. I'm not sure, perhaps scaling a 0-length bone leads to a division by zero or something. I'll have a look.
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta