Bug while running in Ubuntu?

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Bug while running in Ubuntu?

Postby squirrelhavoc » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Hello, I just got a fresh copy of Ubuntu, and finally get JPatch 0.5.2 up and running. I added a screenshot of the first screen I saw. Notice there's no grid, and theres a blue line going from the upper left to the center of the window. Then I clicked anywhere in the modeler window, and it goes back to normal, with a grid, and no blue line. I am able to reproduce it everytime, just start it up with the software renderer enabled, and its there.

Is this a bug? If you can't reproduce is, it's more than likely caused by my ATI graphics card, it doesn't like Linux
Attachments
Screengrab.jpg
Using software renderer
Screengrab.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 3649 times
Squirrel Havoc

We live as we think, very very slowly....
squirrelhavoc

Postby dcuny » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:14 pm

I've seen this on my Linux box as well. It's running the software renderer, since my configuration is messed up and the Nvidia driver causes my machine to randomly lock up.
dcuny

Postby pndragon » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:46 pm

This also shows up on WindowsXP.

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby sascha » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:50 pm

Yes, it seems to be a problem of the new viewports (the ones with OpenGL support) - all versions newer than JPatch 0.4 and all platforms seems to be affected.
I've seen it a while back but considered it minor as it only happens immediately after starting JPatch and disappears as soon as the screen is repainted. I'll try to fix it though :)
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta