Multi Camera View in the Animator

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Multi Camera View in the Animator

Postby rjh » Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:12 pm

Hey Sascha,

Hope its not too late, but I had an idea that sounds easier to implement than integrating the 2 (Animator and Modeler) modes. Could it be possible to add another camera (like you do a light or model) with its own individual camera name and attributes? This, for me at least, would solve the multi-view need in the animator, and also provide a venue for rendering the animation from different views and editing them together. Of course one would want to declare which of the cameras to use at render time.

And while I am here, a short list of other features discussed before:
1.) Cut / Copy / Paste in the time line
2.) Setting a key for all attributes at a given frame for the current model / light / camera
3.) Visible motion paths in the animator and the ability to turn them on / off

And there you have it! I've been experimenting with the bone system for some time now, and it rocks! Rigs can get quite complicated, but that gives the animator that much more control. Now, for me at least, the addition of popping a key at a certain frame (a "hero" pose if you will) for all available channels would speed things up ten fold.

Thanks for a great app Sascha!

Rob
rjh

Postby dcuny » Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:18 pm

I had also suggested using multiple cameras in a prior post. :)

But the Animator (in it's current incarnation) was only written to get the first IRTC animation out the door. The only reason for keeping it around at this point is to get the next IRTC animation done in time.

I'm guessing the tradeoff is either:
  • Use the current interface, but it's slow and clunky that it'll take a couple weeks to do the animation, or
  • Rewrite the interface, which will take a week or so, but it'll make it possible to animate very quickly.
Sascha did amazing things with the Animator, but I'd hate to subject him to that experience again. ;)
dcuny

Postby sascha » Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:25 pm

Could it be possible to add another camera

It would be possible, but I think I'll add it once the animator is integrated into the modeler GUI (unless I run into some troubles that would force me to use the old Animator for this IRTC round).

Cut / Copy / Paste in the time line

On the list ;-)
Setting a key for all attributes at a given frame for the current model / light / camera

Agreed.
Visible motion paths in the animator and the ability to turn them on / off

On the list as well :-)
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta