Super-minor bug in JPatch 20051121 Test Release

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Super-minor bug in JPatch 20051121 Test Release

Postby squirrelhavoc » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Hello, when messing with the new lathe editor, the created shapes don't have their patches aligned correctly. Or only some of them will be aligned. All it takes is a click on the menu to realign them, but I thought I would mention it, just incase no one else has...

EDIT: I also noticed that extrusing will create flipped patches, but not all of them will be flipped. So you have to select the ones that are reversed and flip them
Squirrel Havoc

We live as we think, very very slowly....
squirrelhavoc

Postby squirrelhavoc » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:45 am

*bump* anyone have comments? Is this a bug? Will it be fixed by the next release?
Squirrel Havoc

We live as we think, very very slowly....
squirrelhavoc

Postby pndragon » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:57 am

the created shapes don't have their patches aligned correctly. Or only some of them will be aligned.

This behavior has been there forever.

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby sascha » Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:26 am

:oops: Oh, my apologies. sorry for not replying earlier.

Yes, pndragon is right, this has never been different. The reason is that the lathe tool doesn't create the patches - it just creates the mesh. If you then run the patch-finding algorithm, it's still the old algorithm that doesn't care about front- or back-sides.

I agreee that especially with the lathe tool it would be trivial to automatically align the patches, but I haven't done that yet. But this will be implemented, I promise :wink:
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta