Crash recovery

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Crash recovery

Postby dcuny » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:57 am

I had tried getting the NVIDIA drivers to work on my machine the other day, with no luck. I changed back XF86.cfg, which fixed everything but JPatch. When I tried loading JPatch, it silently crashed. Running it from the command line showed an error (reported by the 3D library) which shut down the application, so I removed the NVIDIA libraries. JPatch still crashed, this time with a different error. I eventually found the hidden Java configuration directory and deleted the JPatch settings, and was able to use the application again.

It might be helpful if JPatch was able to detect that something terrible had happened, and when it was loaded again, and ask theuser if they want to reset their settings before starting up again.

Postby sascha » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:15 am

There is a hidden way to reset the JPatch settings:

From the commandline, type
Code: Select all
java -cp jpatch_0-5-1.jar jpatch.boundary.JPatchSettings

The settings are stored in a hidded directory (as xml file) on Unix and in the registry on Windows.

This command will reset all customized settings though (colors, direcoties, everything). I think I should add a way to just switch back to the software renderer (or a commandline option to disable OpenGL).
Site Admin

Return to Beta