Assorted suggestions...

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

Assorted suggestions...

Postby dcuny » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:56 am

I finally got a chance to play around with the bones in a bit more depth, and have a couple suggestions:
  • When setting up morph targets for bones, it would be nice if the bone were invisible or transparent. Otherwise, the bone can block points that you're trying to select, which is a bit bothersome.
  • When working with morphs in general, it would be nice if there were a "Reset to Zero" option on the slider. I know I could just type zero into the value box, but that means taking my hand off the mouse, and I'm lazy.
  • It took a while to find that the "Assign Controlpoints to Bone" was in the context menu, under the "tools" option. It would be nice to have this on the toolbar instead.
  • It would be nice if the cursor would change shape to reflect the current mode would be a nice feature.
dcuny

Postby sascha » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:50 am

Oops. Yet another message I've missed :?

When setting up morph targets for bones, it would be nice if the bone were invisible or transparent. Otherwise, the bone can block points that you're trying to select, which is a bit bothersome.

There are two buttons in the main toolbar that can toggle whether bones and/or controlpoints can be selected or not. I'll add another option to toggle bone-rendering - off/wireframe/shaded...

When working with morphs in general, it would be nice if there were a "Reset to Zero" option on the slider.

Agreed

It took a while to find that the "Assign Controlpoints to Bone" was in the context menu, under the "tools" option. It would be nice to have this on the toolbar instead.

All menubars and menues are now completely configurable via an xml file. I could add a page to the wiki where people could propose and discuss layout improvements. When using the CVS version, you can edit the file - it's in jpatch/boundary/layout.xml - the syntax is quite simple. I'll add an option to load layout xml files from disk, and later maybe a layout editor (but that's got quite low priority ATM).

It would be nice if the cursor would change shape to reflect the current mode would be a nice feature.

Yes, I'll add that at some point.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby dcuny » Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:12 pm

Thanks! :D
dcuny

Return to Beta