sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.m;

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.m;

Postby pndragon » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:59 am

Code: Select all
import sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.m;

produces this error
The import sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.m cannot be resolved

What exactly is this for? On my box, it completely breaks jpatch

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby pndragon » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:14 am

I found this at FAQ - Sun Packages:
In general, writing java programs that rely on sun.* is risky: they are not portable, and are not supported.

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby sascha » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:36 am

import sun.security.krb5.internal.crypto.m;

Where did you find this line of code?

If it's in JPatch it's unintentional (Eclipse sometimes adds import-statements when trying to auto-complete class-names - quite annoying feature).

In general, writing java programs that rely on sun.* is risky: they are not portable, and are not supported.

Yes, that's true. Those packages are not part of the published API, they can be different depending on Java release or operating system. JPatch does not rely on any such package.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby pndragon » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:19 pm

It was in Selection.java. the few times I tried to replace from HEAD.

When I commented it out everything worked just fine. That was why I posed the question.

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby sascha » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:52 am

Sound's like Eclipse did that, I'll fix it.

You type something (e.g. a capital A) and all of a sudden Eclipse decides to auto-complete it into some random class (or method) name (while you're still typing something entirely different). You notice it, delete it, type in the text you want, but in the meantime Eclipse found out that it can't load the class it choose to auto-complete, so it silently inserted some import statements. Grrr :twisted:

The second thing that drives me nuts when using Eclipse is that it keeps removeing closing braces and semicolons I type.

Don't misunderstand me, Eclipse is a great IDE (I'd never go back and use JEdit ;-) ) - but these two things are really, really annoying. Does anybody know how to turn that off?
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta