POV-Ray Export in jpatch_20050325.jar ??

Anything related to a beta release of JPatch: Bugs, enhancements, general discussion...

POV-Ray Export in jpatch_20050325.jar ??

Postby nomel » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:01 am

Hey, where did the POV-Ray export in the jpatch_20050325.jar build go? I searched for a while but didn't see anything.
nomel

Postby pndragon » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:10 pm

It has been disabled in the modeler... however all is not lost.

It's just a little harder to get to.

Open the Animator and choose the model you need the export of.

In the Animator Renderer Options Menu make sure that the Delete per-frame files after rendering option is unchecked. Select POV-Ray as your renderer of choice. 2) Render the current frame in the File Menu. 3) Go to the Working Directory (selected in Renderer options) and select Current_frame.pov.
pndragon

Postby sascha » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:32 pm

Yes, I had to temporarily disable POV-export in the Modeler because I've merged the export code from the Animator and the export code from the modeler. It's already done, but I need a GUI for the modeler to choose the export options (like the renderer settings menu in the animator). For the time being, please use the workaround Pndragon pointed out...
sascha
Site Admin

Postby nomel » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:07 am

heheh....I'll just export with on older version like I've been doing. Seems like less work :P

Keep up the good work sascha.
nomel

Postby sascha » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:57 am

heheh....I'll just export with on older version like I've been doing. Seems like less work

Yes, but the old method only allowed to export bicubic Patch meshes - which tend to have creases in the surface when 5-sided patches or hooks have been used.
The new tesselatoin code avoids these problems (and exports, in the case of POV-Ray, triangle-meshes).
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Beta