jpatch 0.4 preview 0 + java 1.5 on debian sarge plus a bit

Report any Bugs you've found in JPatch here. IMPORTANT:Please post bugs found in a beta or development version into the Beta forum!

jpatch 0.4 preview 0 + java 1.5 on debian sarge plus a bit

Postby zmemw16 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:06 pm

with a model, try exporting to xxx1.inc as a bicubic and then try exporting
to xxx2.inc as a triangle mesh

i seem to have a problem with the filename field.

its one of those slightly hard to describe things, might just be my
sequence of doing it.

stephen
zmemw16

Postby sascha » Fri May 06, 2005 8:03 pm

Hello Stephen, thanks for testing!
I just tried it (on Windows, I'll try it on Linux later) and it worked. I'd need more details to reproduce it, can you explain what exactly does not work?

Note that the file chooser does not recall the last filename, just the last directory (I guess I'll change that...)
sascha
Site Admin

at home it works :-{

Postby zmemw16 » Sat May 07, 2005 1:44 pm

what was happening was that i couldn't type in a filename after exporting in one format and then immediately attempting to export to another filename in the other pov format

i was curious as to the difference in size and appearance of the two methods

what was different home/work? i was ssh -X'd into my laptop from the desktop at work
on a private network of just those machines.
desktop is a p1.8 evo / debian sarge - very uptodate

i will retry it on monday and report

stephen
zmemw16

Postby sascha » Sun May 08, 2005 7:38 am

what was happening was that i couldn't type in a filename

I've seen this happening in JPatch and other Java applications (e.g. jEdit) with Java 1.5.
I've reported it as a bug to Sun, but they waeren't able to reproduce it. Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce it either (with a simple demonstration code) - but I'll try again. It seems to be related to keyboard focus - I also found out that closing the dialog and opening it again immediately afterwards doesn't help - but if you do something else in the meantime that changes the keyboard focus to another GUI element, chances are that the keyboard input in the filechooser will work again. As a workaround, use Java 1.4...

If you find a way to reproduce this, please let me know, it would help to isolate the cause.
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Bugs