Cars 2

This is a new forum that can be used to discuss anything that's not directly related to JPatch.

Cars 2

Postby John VanSickle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Saw it yesterday.

The virtual sets are impressive. The story isn't the greatest that Pixar has done; none of the characters really develop all that much. This film is much more action-oriented. The villian is a typical Evil Businessman caricature. I'd have to say that this is Pixar's weakest story so far.

I did notice some scenes in which the lighting of the character models looked oddly different from the scenery around and behind them. Perhaps this was a deliberate attempt to simulate rear-projection, but it did look like some of the characters were composited over previously-rendered scenery.

Interesting point: The character voiced by Paul Newman in the first film is, like Paul Newman himself, dead now; but the character voiced by the now-dead George Carlin in the first film is still alive in the second (and is voiced by a different person).
John VanSickle

Re: Cars 2

Postby sascha » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:20 pm

I watch all Pixar movies, and even if I wouldn’t, I’d have to watch this one because our son is a huge Cars fan :)

I'm looking forward to see it, but to be honest, I don't expect much this time. The teaser trailer I saw wasn’t very promising, and it’s also the first Pixar film that’s got a rotten rating at Rotten Tomatoes. :? I hope that’s not a new trend…
sascha
Site Admin

Re: Cars 2

Postby John VanSickle » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:33 pm

Rotten Tomatoes may simply be looking for an excuse to slam a Pixar film, since the films have been successful up until this point.
John VanSickle

Return to Off topic