Rapunzel

This is a new forum that can be used to discuss anything that's not directly related to JPatch.

Rapunzel

Postby pndragon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:25 pm

We took our daughter to see Rapunzel for her 5th birthday (my Lord has it been that long?) and it was a wonderful spin on a classic. The graphics were spot on as always with the look, IMHO, of one of the Disney classic animated movies---like Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella---brought to CG. The best thing of all though was the development of the evil crone... they had finally given an evil character a reason for her villainy, even if completely selfish.

Then we went home and finally got to see The Christmas Carol from last year. That was terrific also. A great day!
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Re: Rapunzel

Postby dcuny » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:27 pm

My wife just got the soundtrack as a Christmas present. I haven't heard it yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Sadly, I'll have to wait for the video release of this, too... :?
dcuny

Re: Rapunzel

Postby rjh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:26 pm

I agree with Jim on this one being a Disney Classic. Excellent movie from all perspectives. Each character imbued with ... character! ... nuances, timing, subtleties ... all brought together with picture perfect (no pun intended) framing and editing.
rjh

Return to Off topic