Movies I'd Like to See Remade

This is a new forum that can be used to discuss anything that's not directly related to JPatch.

Movies I'd Like to See Remade

Postby pndragon » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:09 pm

1. The Last Starfighter

One of the first CG movies. Just being able to remember this film shows my age. I'm really surprised that this one hasn't been done yet as the video games are even more pervasive now than they were then.
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Re: Movies I'd Like to See Remade

Postby John VanSickle » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I recall that film. I'd like to hear that the plot, dialogue, and acting have been vastly improved.
John VanSickle

Postby dcuny » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm

My kids saw it last year on VHS. No need to remake it - where are you going to find someone to replace Robert Preston?

Ah, for the days when it was OK for films to be cheezy... :)
dcuny

Postby pndragon » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:50 pm

dcuny wrote:Ah, for the days when it was OK for films to be cheezy...
Don't get me wrong. It's in my top 20 (possibly top 10) just like it is and I can't think of anything that I would like to change other than the graphics and possibly moving from an arcade machine to a video game. Everything else is great just the way it is.

Robert Preston is probably the only reason that it hasn't been redone. There is no actor alive, except perhaps Tim Curry, who could carry off the aging interstellar conman and he would be better placed as Xur.

Maybe if the whole thing was redone in CG they could keep the voice track and redo the visuals.
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Return to Off topic