Megamind

This is a new forum that can be used to discuss anything that's not directly related to JPatch.

Megamind

Postby pndragon » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:51 am

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Am I the only one who thinks this is a kids version of Shakespeare's Richard III?

Jim
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Re: Megamind

Postby John VanSickle » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:57 pm

It's a Dreamworks effort, which to me is an advance warning that the story will probably be weak. I have no plans to see it.
John VanSickle

Postby sascha » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

Haven't seen it yet.
It's a Dreamworks effort, which...

Well, they co-produced it. I never heard of Red Hour Productions though (which really doesn't mean anything).
Dreamworks also co-produced two Aardman films - I mean, ok, Flushed Away probably would be a lot better if Aardman did it alone, but not watching The Curse of the Were-Rabbit just because it reads Dreamworks would be a pity.

And after all there's only one John Lasseter, and we still need to watch something when there's no new Pixar flick around :wink:
sascha
Site Admin

Postby dcuny » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:50 pm

I'll have to wait until it's on video... I don't have the budget to see films these days. That's a bummer, because I've also missed Toy Story 3 and How To Train Your Dragon in the theaters. We just saw Ponyo on video, and I'm waiting for The Princess and the Frog, Astro Boy and Planet 51 from the local library.

Megamind looks like it'll be worth seeing. Not Pixar, but it should be amusing.
dcuny

Postby rjh » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:59 pm

We saw it the weekend it came out, and I found it to be quite entertaining and well done. The acting was good; the story was good and a bit unpredictable (well planned twists); the pacing was good (felt neither lacking nor hurried); rendering was beautiful; animation was top shelf with good character design to work with ... all in all a very satisfying movie outing.

"It's a Dreamworks effort, which to me is an advance warning that the story will probably be weak. I have no plans to see it."

Take a chance John ... Dreamworks has hit 2 back to back home runs this year with "How To Train Your Dragon' and "Megamind". Good stuff these.

Well ... off to see Tangled this evening ... I'll post a short "impressions made" summary once I have digested it for awhile. Hope all here had a nice Thanksgiving (for us here in the US) and those elsewhere on the globe, may all your days have a thankful spirit about them.

Rob
rjh

Postby pndragon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 am

I enjoyed it very much.
a kids version of Shakespeare's Richard III?
I got my plays mixed. I meant Henry IV. It was the paraphrasing of "I’ll so offend to make offense a skill," that stuck with me.
dcuny wrote:I don't have the budget to see films these days.
Neither would we if an older theatre in the area wasn't offering a $3.00 Sunday matinee.

Jim
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Return to Off topic