Head modeling tutorial

The JPatch Documentation Project has been launched in the Wiki. It's aim is to create a complete, in-depth documentation for JPatch. This forum should be used for discussion related to JPatch's documentation.

Head modeling tutorial

Postby sascha » Thu May 25, 2006 10:23 am

I've added a tutorial about modeling a human head to the wiki:
http://wiki.jpatch.com/doku.php?id=tuto ... modelling1
sascha
Site Admin

Postby Torf » Thu May 25, 2006 11:03 am

Looks nice! Haven't tried it, yet, but one may add some more modelling tips, e.g. for the nose.
Torf

Postby pndragon » Thu May 25, 2006 2:09 pm

Very cool!

--- Jim
pndragon

Postby sascha » Thu May 25, 2006 7:32 pm

I was preparing it as a forum post (in answer to Squirrelhavoc's quesion), but I thought it would make more sense to put it into the Wiki. It's my old head model and I've planned to make a tutorial about it for years :)
The screenshots are "faked" (what I mean is that they have not been taken during modeling, I've simply hidden parts of the head to make them), but I'm quite sure that I made the head this way.

One thing I know though is that I fine tuned it once it was complete - meaning removing some unnecessary curves and adding some on other places.

It isn't meant as a strict guide about how to build the head model, there might be better ways to do it. It's just about how I made my head model, and perhaps it could serve as a starting point if someone else likes to make a head model.

PS: The hollow eyeholes with the red background look quite horror film like :) Perhaps I sould make new screenshots with the eyes inserted.
sascha
Site Admin

Return to Documentation project