It's been slow around here...

General discussion about JPatch

It's been slow around here...

Postby dcuny » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:01 pm

Other than the discussion on hooks, things have been pretty quite around here. Are things on hold for the moment? :P
dcuny

Postby sascha » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:56 am

Other than the discussion on hooks, things have been pretty quite around here. Are things on hold for the moment?

I just took a break :wink:
But as always, everything will be ready real soon now.

Seriously, I've already resumed work and fixed the bugs with the timeline (middle-mousebutton scrolling, undo/redo-support, etc.). I'm also glad that Torf took on that hook part - it's one of those changes the user won't notice, but it should make the code much more easy to maintain and (in the past, most bugs were related to hooks because in almost any method that manipulated control-points special care had to be taken for hooks - which was quite error prone). I'm currently only working on the animator, so there's no conflict - once the new hook implementation is ready it should be easy to merge the two CVS branches again.
sascha
Site Admin

Postby dcuny » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:24 am

Great! Just checking. :D
dcuny

Postby Torf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:52 am

It has been a bit quiet, that's true. But not too quiet :)

As Sascha already pointed out I'm doing that hook stuff, and until that one is finished all my modelling has been put on hold (although I've already got two nice ideas :wink:).

Other than that it's Real Life (tm) as usual - Had one oral exam yesterday, next is in 10 days. After that I finally got some holidays :D
Torf

Postby dcuny » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:34 am

I see there's a new picture on the front page, showing a development version. Well, new to me, anyway. :D
dcuny

Postby sascha » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:59 am

Yes, it is new. I just thought that I put up an image to show that I'm working on integrating the animator and the modeler into a single GUI.

I've finished working on some GUI features that are not possible with standard swing components. As a result, JPatch has now:
* Fully configurable key-bindings for each action
* New drop-down menu-buttons (for new and open - you can now choose between models and animations)
* Locking togglebuttons. Some modes (e.g. add controlpoints) can be "locked" by doubleklicking the button. If they are not locked, these tools switch back to the default tool after operation.
All UI relevant parts (icons, text, tooltips, etc.) of each action are now fully described in a single XML file. This allows future features (e.g. plugins that can "snap in" anywhere in the GUI), or localization.

Work on the animator and the timeline also progresses (there are a lot of things to fix), I hope that I can release something new soon...
sascha
Site Admin

Return to General discussion