Timeout

General discussion about JPatch

Timeout

Postby sascha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Ok, I'll make this short: Right now I don't have enough time to work on JPatch.

I have a lot of (job related) work to do, then of course there's family and kids, and I also work on another, more or less commercial project at the moment (I'll tell you more about that later). There's a lot of other real-life things going on, so I'm afraid I won't be able to do much work on JPatch until the end of this year.

This is not the end of JPatch, I have not lost my interest in it, it's a simple matter of time (or rather lack thereof). I will return to it and I will finish it (and of course it will stay free and open source, the commercial project I've mentioned above has got nothing to do with JPatch.)

I haven't done a lot work on JPatch this year anyway, but now that this is out at least I don't have to feel bad about it anymore - the plan is to start working on it again in January.

I intend to keep the webpage and the forum open, and of course I'll stop by regularly, so I'd really like to continue any on- or off-topic discussions here on the forum. Feel free to use it as always (I also really appreciate your help in keeping it a spam and spam-bot free zone), just don't expect any JPatch news for the next couple of months.
sascha
Site Admin

Re: Timeout

Postby pndragon » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:44 pm

No worries, Sascha. We know you have a life.

Jim
"We're so sorry, Uncle Albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day."
--- Paul McCartney
pndragon

Postby dcuny » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:12 am

No worries from me, either. I'm quite familiar with the problem of having to put projects on hold because of limited resources. :o
dcuny

Postby rjh » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 pm

To quote Jim:
"No worries, Sascha."

Honestly, I've been steady at work with the previous "morph-only" version trying to create inventive ways to animate using the tools at hand. Nothing ground breaking mind you (and as is indicated by the feed-back received from my post of recent past - only you Sascha responded and commented on my efforts), but a useful diversion (at least for me) that challenges me to create with less. So take your time; as was previously stated "We know you have a life" ... so enjoy it as much as you can ... especially your children. They are the best gifts in life - both given and received.

Rob
rjh

Return to General discussion